It is the responsibility of every player in each flight to make sure that their group is following the proper Pace of Play
- Every group is “on the clock” as soon as the first player tees off on their starting hole.
- Play “ready golf” whenever possible.
- The first person to complete each hole should immediately go to the next tee and is expected to be the first person to tee off.
- Players may play their own ball while another player is searching for their ball or waiting on a ruling.
- Play “2 balls” when necessary to avoid delays waiting on tournament officials.
- Each player is given 30 seconds to play their shot with the first player in the group given an extra 10 seconds.
- Each group is expected to take an average of 12 minutes to finish a par 3, 14 minutes to finish a par 4 and 16 minutes to finish a par 5.
- All groups must finish their round in 4 hours and 30 minutes (4:30:00) or less.
Out of Position
A group is out of position if it fails to:
1) complete a par 3 before the group ahead completes the preceding hole
2) clear the teeing ground of a par 4 before the group ahead completes the hole
3) arrive at the teeing ground of a par 5 before the group ahead has reached the putting green.
A group is out-of position anytime they fail to maintain this spacing.
Note: The lead group, and subsequent groups, are in-position when their elapsed time is under the applicable time goal.